I’m sick. Seriously. I went through the ENTIRE school program NOT sick. Ok, I had a minor run in with antibiotics, but that was at 1 month post surgery, so I can’t count that as being sick. I didn’t miss a day of school for that.
But right now, I’m in the throws of a misery pit of a cold. Seriously. This sucker hit like a freight train and has been hurtling through my body at warp speed. Thank the good heavens that we have a week off before graduation. I must say, however, I can’t stand being sick. I’m one of those people who is constantly on the go, and being sick is just NOT in my agenda.
However, when I am sick, I’ve got my go-to things that make me always feel better.
My list of must haves for when I’m sick (or when the Shrimp is sick-he likes them too…)
- Strawberry popsicles. Yes, they must be strawberry. They can be fruit bars, or whatever, but they must be strawberry. There’s just something about a strawberry popsicle that always makes me feel better-plus, it gets the fluids in!
- SOFT tissues. Yes, there are tissues out there that are like blowing your nose on cardboard, but we don’t keep those in this house. Seriously. No one wants a raw nose!
- cans of chicken broth and boxes of orzo. Those are the main ingredients in the soup that my gram and gramp used to make me when we were sick. Chunks of chicken? Optional, but so welcome.
- A good blanket. There’s nothing like a soft, warm blanket when you feel like trash. It just does something to the soul. Isaac, well, he’d tell you it takes 2 blankets, maybe more if he’s really not feeling well…but he’s just our resident Linus.
- MOVIES! When any one of us is sick here, a good movie is immediately on the agenda. Doesn’t matter if it’s a groaner to everyone else in the house, it is the sickie’s choice. Isaac’s choices are usually something Star Wars related or Avengers…me? I’m an Audrey Hepburn freak and will always go for Hunger games. Doug goes for things like Spinal Tap and music movies.
Now, as for tissues, we’re into soft ones, and the softest ones we’ve found are the Kleenex ones. They not only keep our noses un-raw, but they also have all different size packs as well as fun boxes. When I had my own classroom, my desk always had a box of Kleenex on it!
Right now, Kleenex is sharing the soft tissue love. Every time you buy a marked box of Kleenex, you can send a Share Pack to someone you love.
See? Just like this one! It’s a great size for desks, nightstands and other places where a small box will do. Plus, come on-who doesn’t need tissues, especially this time of year!
Now, since I can, I’m going to share the love by giving away a share pack!
AND, I’m going to make it easy.
Just leave me your one thing that makes you feel better when you’re sick in the comments.
I’ll select a winner on 12/4.
This post was compensated and in collaboration with Latina Bloggers Connect and Kleenex. All tips, opinions and insanity are mine and mine alone. Seriously. You think anyone else would lay claim to a strawberry popsicle fixation?