Someone in my neighborhood had the brilliant idea to start this little thing called “BOO!” And no, I’m not being sarcastic. This is a really great idea.
What happens is that someone starts it around…and you get this letter and this “scare package.” Then, you pass 2 more scare packages on with the letter to other people. They in turn do it until everyone has been Boo’d. Neato, huh?
SO, on Wed. morning, we awoke to find that we had been Boo’d! Up until that point, we had no clue that the neighborhood even did this! We got this adorable halloween metal pail with all sorts of goodies, like halloween bubbles, a big trick or treat bag, a candy dish, a candle and ghost bubbles, not to mention 3 musketeers and kit kats. We were floored. So, we immediately followed the instructions, and hung a “BOO!” in one of the 6 window panels of our front door. We used our large wooden door, not the storm door.
We then passed 2 packages out. We had filled 2 halloween pothholders with some nice candy and the letter and passed it on to 2 neighbors on Thursday evening, around 11:45 pm. (No, I didn’t get shot or killed, but gee, a lot of people around here have motion lights!!!)
We figured we were done. We were pleased with ourselves and the treats we sent as well as what we had recieved, considering we had no clue about this.. We resolved to be more prepared by next year.
Fast forward to today….
We leave to take Isaac to color me mine for Paint me a story. They did CUTE pumpkin candle holders…it’s adorable!!! But I digress….
so, we came home and lo and behold…WE WERE BOO’D AGAIN!!!!!
Yes, we hung the required BOO in our window, yes we passed our packages, but we didn’t know what to do at this point!
so, we put Isaac down for a nap, and weighed our options….
1) We could somehow pass the BOO bucket on to someone else…
2) We could keep the boo bucket and pass 2 more boos…
3) we could send it to another neighborhood and let them start boo-ing.
So, we talked and talked and talked….
and we came up with this solution…
1) We kept the boo, and immediately made 2 more boo buckets to send out. We figured that someone would see the bucket that was meant for us on someone else’s porch and get all offended, thinking we didn’t like their bucket or we weren’t gracious enough to have fun.
2)We Boo-d 2 people who haven’t been Boo’d.
3) We made a HUGE boo sign and mounted it on bright orange cardstock (thank goodness I scrapbook!) and taped it to our STORM door so that there is no mistaking, we’ve been BOO’D!
4) We passed the letter along to a few friends who are in the process of Booing their neighborhoods.
So, now we have candy up the yin yang…because this bucket had all sorts of eyeball candy and stuff like that…just the gross stuff that I adore..and Isaac does too!!!
and we’ve sent 4 boo packages total. The boo’s this time included buckets, candy, a pumpkin sippy bottle and halloween cookie cutters…and the cryptic letter.
If you’d like the letter, drop me a line…I’d be glad to send you the letter so you can have fun sneaking around (and hoping that no one kills you in the middle of the night as you BOO in your pajamas like me) and giving people treats!